The Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) has verified that there was a fire outbreak yesterday at the church located in Ikotun area of Lagos State.
Reports gathered that the occurrence began at 11 pm during the candle procession in honour of the late founder of the Church, Prophet Temitope Joshua, popularly called T.B. Joshua.
An eyewitness revealed that only the storehouse in the church’s premises was razed, and the firefighters arrived at the scene around 12:19 am early this morning.
The cause of the fire incident was said to be linked to an electrical spark in the control room.
The statement read,
“In the late evening of Monday 5th July 2021, there was a minor electrical fire incident at a storehouse within The Synagogue Church Of All Nations complex.
“The incident was quickly brought under control without any injuries.
“As part of the preparedness for the weeklong services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua, The SCOAN has worked closely with relevant government agencies including the Lagos State Fire Services, whose members were on the ground at the time of the incident.
“We thank God for His continued protection. We assure the general public that there is no cause for alarm and the services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua will continue as scheduled.”