Johnny Depp says Hollywood is boycotting me
Johnny Depp a popular Hollywood actor, has testified that the American movie industry is boycotting him. He stated that the past five years have been “surreal” for him.
In his first published interview since losing a libel suit against The Sun UK newspaper, Johnny Depp talked to The Sunday Times about his new movie “Minamata.” Where he opened up about his new movie, and how he is now regarded in Hollywood.
We remember that he filed a suit against The Sun after the released a publication calling him a wife-beater in an article that has his wife Amber Heard claiming abuse. Depp filed a $50 million defamation suit against his wife after denying the allegation. Depp got married to Heard in 2015 after dating for several years.
The marriage didn’t last a year as both parties went their separate ways after few months and their divorce was already settled.
In a recent interview, Depp, who also served as one of the producers of the film, portrays real-life photographer W. Eugene Smith, whose work with Life magazine documented the mercury poisoning of Japanese villagers in the early 1970s.
He pondered on his life recently being in a mix of both the Japanese villagers who had been poisoned and those who have suffered from Covid-19.
Explaining what he has been through, he said it Is like getting scratched by a kitten.
Talking about why the film was not released in the US as it has in the UK, he said;
“Hollywood’s boycott of, erm, me. One man, one actor in an unpleasant and messy situation, over the last number of years?” But, you know, I’m moving towards where I need to go to make all that . . .To bring things to light.”
Join us on quora
Read more news